In the world of classic games, few have managed to capture the essence of excitement and camaraderie quite like Jenga. While it is a fairly simple and straightforward game, Jenga’s competitive and interactive nature makes it a universal favorite at gatherings and social events. The game’s inherent ability to captivate people of all ages and backgrounds allows it to, arguably more than many other classic games, foster bonds among its participants.
Of course, just as any beloved tradition, sometimes a little twist can elevate the experience even further. This is where Jenga Questions come in.
What is Jenga Questions?
Jenga Questions is a creative and thought-provoking twist on the classic Jenga game that takes the experience of playing to a whole new level. As the name indicates, in this modified version of Jenga, each wooden block in the tower has a distinct question or prompt written on it.
Rules of Playing Jenga Questions
While it has the same rules as conventional Jenga, in Jenga Questions, when a participant removes a block, they are required to read and answer the question/prompt for their turn to count. Naturally, the game is perfect as a conversation starter or an icebreaker, and, given the right modifications, it’s also great for therapy!
Now, conventionally, a game of Jenga Questions entails writing out questions on each of the 54 blocks. That said, if you want to keep reusing your blocks but with different questions every time, you can opt to just assign a number to each block (from 1 to 54), and print out different sets of 54 questions. This way, the questions come as a surprise, and you can cater to different sets of participants!
What you’ll need:
- A Jenga game
- A marker (to assign numbers to each block)
- Lists of questions (if you plan on having a long session, make sure to prepare three to five sets)
Traveling with Family?
Read our Family Travel Tips
Fun Jenga Questions
Obviously, the quality of a game of Jenga Questions rests mostly on the quality of the questions. So, if you don’t know where to start, here are some examples of fun Jenga Questions:
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What’s your favorite way to unwind after a long day?
- What’s your ideal way to spend a weekend?
- If you could have a conversation with any celebrity or historical figure, living or dead, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- You’re stuck on a deserted island for the rest of your life. What are the three movies you’d want to have with you?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
Jenga Questions for Kids
If you’re playing with kids, it’s best to stick to lighthearted questions or questions that are tailored to spark their imagination such as:
- What’s the silliest joke you know?
- What’s your favorite game to play with friends?
- If you could have a garden full of magical plants, what would they do?
- If you could discover a new animal, what would it be like?
- If you could be friends with any character from a book or a movie or a TV show, who would it be and why?
- Who’s your best friend and what do you like doing together?
- If you could have a party with any theme, what would it be?
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your family?
- What would your dream tree house look like?
- Share something you love about one of your friends.
- If you could make a sandwich Jenga, what ingredients would you use?
- If you could invent a new type of candy, what would it taste like?
- What’s the strangest animal fact you know?
- Describe your dream adventure in three words.
- What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever made?
- Share a book or a movie that inspired you to explore a new hobby.
- Share a funny classroom blooper.
- Describe a magical adventure you’d like to go on with your friends.
- What’s the best superpower you could think of, and how would you use it?
- If you could spend a day in a video game or cartoon, which one would you choose
- If you could invent a new school subject, what would it be?
- Share a cool fact about something you enjoy doing in your free time.
- What’s your favorite mode of transportation? Why?
- If you were a tour guide, what fun facts would you tell people about your hometown?
- What’s one activity you can spend a day doing without getting tired?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to doing or experiencing in the future?
- What’s your favorite color, and why do you like it so much?
- What’s something you’re really good at that you’d like to teach others?
- What’s your favorite book/story, and what do you like most about it?
- Describe a hobby you’d like to try in the future.
- What’s your favorite season?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a weekend?
- What’s your favorite party game?
- What’s your favorite type of food? Why?
- What’s the most interesting fact you’ve learned recently?
- If you could redesign your playground, what cool features would you include?
- If you could visit a fictional place from a book or movie, where would you go?
- Share a memorable vacation story with the group.
- What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
- What’s the strangest animal fact you know?
- What’s your dream ice cream sundae recipe?
- What’s a secret talent your friends might not know you have?
- What’s one thing you can do to be a better friend?
- If animals could talk, what do you think your pet would say to you?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, real or imaginary, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite subject in school? Why?
- Share the most interesting dream you’ve had.
- Who is your favorite teacher? What’s one thing you appreciate about them?
- Share a fun DIY project idea with the group.
- What is your go-to dance move, and would you show it to everyone?
- If you could meet a famous person who shares your hobby, who would it be?
- If you could travel through time, which historical era would you visit?
- If you could visit any wildlife habitat, where would you go, and why?
- What’s your favorite board game?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you in school, and how did you deal with it?
- What’s your top three favorite TV shows?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- Share a funny animal joke with the group.
- What’s your favorite way to celebrate Friendship Day with your friends?
- If you could go on a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you were a teacher for a day, what’s one rule you’d change?
- Share a story about a made-up superhero or creature you’ve created.
- What’s your favorite video game?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Why?
- What’s the most incredible invention you could imagine, and how would it change the world?
- What’s the best movie you’ve ever seen, and what’s your favorite part of that movie?
- What’s a school subject you struggle with? Why?
- If you could pack a suitcase with only three items, what would they be?
Traveling with Family?
Read our Family Travel Tips
Things to do on a car trip for a teenager
Why put a Crayon in your Wallet when traveling
5 Best Travel Baby Monitors – Review
Does a diaper bag count as carry on?
Jenga Questions for Adults
For adults, you can explore more mature subject matters, but make sure to keep the game light and casual. Here are some great examples:
- What’s your favorite way to spend a Saturday afternoon?
- Do you have a hobby or interest that not many people know about?
- If you could pick up a new hobby tomorrow, what would it be?
- What’s the most interesting book you’ve read recently, and why did you enjoy it?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl, and how does it affect your daily routine?
- What’s the last concert or live performance you attended, and who was the artist?
- If you could travel anywhere for a week of relaxation, where would you go?
- Share a memorable adventure or trip from your past.
- Do you have a favorite type of cuisine, and what’s your go-to dish at that restaurant?
- What’s your guilty pleasure when it comes to entertainment or food?
- What inspired you to pursue your current career or profession?
- If you could switch careers for a day, what job would you want to try?
- Share a funny or interesting workplace story from your past.
- What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned from your work experiences?
- Do you have a dream job or career goal you’re working towards?
- Describe your ideal work environment or office setup.
- What’s the most challenging aspect of your current job, and how do you handle it?
- If you had unlimited resources, what business or project would you start?
- Who has been the most influential person in your professional life, and why?
- What’s the most unique or unexpected job you’ve ever had?
- What’s the most breathtaking place you’ve ever visited, and what made it special?
- If you could time-travel to any era in history, when and where would you go?
- Share a travel destination on your bucket list that you haven’t visited yet.
- Have you ever taken a spontaneous trip, and where did you end up?
- Describe your most memorable road trip experience.
- Are you an adrenaline junkie, and if so, what’s the most daring thing you’ve done?
- If you could live in another country for a year, where would you choose, and why?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve tried while traveling, and where was it?
- Share a travel tip or hack you’ve picked up from your adventures.
- Do you have a favorite local spot or hidden gem that you love to visit?
- What’s one personal goal or achievement you’re proud of?
- If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Share a moment in your life when you stepped out of your comfort zone.
- Do you have a favorite quote or mantra that inspires you?
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned about relationships?
- Describe a challenge or obstacle you’ve overcome that made you stronger.
- What’s something you’d like to learn or improve about yourself in the future?
- How do you like to relax and unwind after a long day or week?
- Share a life-changing experience that shaped who you are today.
- If you could choose a personal theme song, what would it be, and why?
- Tell me about your family and any unique traditions or stories.
- What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned from a family member?
- Share a memorable moment from your childhood that still makes you smile.
- If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be, and why?
- Describe your ideal date night or outing with a significant other.
- What’s the best piece of relationship advice you’ve ever received?
- Do you have a favorite family recipe, and what’s the story behind it?
- What’s one quality you admire most in your closest friends?
- Share a funny or heartwarming pet story, if you have any pets.
- If you could travel back in time to spend a day with a relative, who would it be, and what would you do together?
- What’s your all-time favorite movie, and what do you love about it?
- Do you have a favorite TV show that you can binge-watch over and over?
- Share a memorable concert or live performance you attended.
- If you could meet any celebrity, living or deceased, who would it be?
- What’s your go-to karaoke song, and would you sing it for the group?
- Describe a book or movie that had a profound impact on your life.
- Do you have a favorite video game or board game you enjoy playing?
- What’s the last song that got stuck in your head, and how did it happen?
- Share a piece of art or music that resonates with you on a personal level.
- Are you a collector of anything unusual or unique?
- What’s your favorite season, and why do you love it?
- Share your favorite childhood memory that still brings a smile to your face.
- Do you have a favorite holiday, and how do you like to celebrate it?
- Describe your perfect meal from appetizer to dessert.
- What’s your preferred way to relax and de-stress after a long day?
- Share a favorite childhood book or toy that holds sentimental value.
- If you could have any type of animal as a pet, what would you choose?
- What’s your favorite type of music to listen to when you need a mood boost?
- Do you have a favorite inspirational quote or saying?
- What’s one thing on your “bucket list” that you’re determined to do someday?
Jenga Questions for Families
Obviously, some of the questions can be reused for different players, but if you want questions/prompts specifically tailored for families (or your family), you can start with these:
- Share your favorite family memory.
- What movie do you want to watch for family movie night? Why?
- What’s a skill or hobby you’d want to learn from another family member?
- Share a valuable lesson you’ve learned from another family member.
- What’s your favorite family tradition? Why?
- What’s your ideal family vacation? Why?
- What’s the best advice/nugget of wisdom your parents (or your children) ever gave you?
- What’s your favorite family recipe?
- If we had a time machine, which historical era would you want to visit as a family?
- What’s a family goal or project we could work on together in the coming year?
- Share one thing you appreciate about each family member’s personality.
The beauty of Jenga Questions lies not only in the carefully crafted queries on each block but in the shared experience of vulnerability and camaraderie that comes with playing the game. Players find themselves on a journey of self-discovery and understanding, all while engaged in a playful competition to see who can topple the tower last.
With the added element of questions, although the tower may collapse, the game allows players to forge better connections with each other, and creates memories that often stand the test of time.
- What can I write on my Jenga blocks?
Depending on the nature of the party or social gathering, you can write a wide variety of things on your Jenga blocks. You can do Jenga Questions, where you write questions/prompts to allow players to get to know each other better; or, you can write dares and exercises that players have to do after they remove a block to make the game more thrilling and challenging. Whatever you want to do, if you want to reuse your blocks, you can just assign a number on each block (from 1 to 54), and assign a question, prompt, or dare for each number.
- How do you make Jenga more interesting?
There are many ways to make Jenga more interesting. One of the easiest (and most fun) ways to spice up traditional Jenga is Jenga Questions, where players can get to know each other through the questions/prompts written on each question. Another way would be to assign dares/tasks to each block such that every time a player removes a block, they have to do a specific dare for their turn to count–of course, this type of game can have additional mechanics built in it (e.g. a player can roll a dice or flip a coin to save them from doing the dare, a player can ask another player to do a dare for them–“owing” them a dare, etc.).